About Pickle Party
Since 2017, the Tuckshop Guniangs have gone on plenty of Food Rescue Missions. Most of which are channelled into our programme, Recess Time. Nonetheless, we’ve continued to dream of other initiatives to treat the rescued produce… so, we came up with Pickle Party!
Pickle Party is a food project that attempts to fill in the gap in current food rescues by organising volunteers to help with “high quality repurposing of rescued food produce”. We want volunteers to come aboard to help wash, treat and pickle the rescued produce, while having a whole lot of fun together. Each Pickle Party will involve up to 4 volunteers and 1 Tuckshop Guniang. No kitchen experience required!
Please note that this programme is for vaccinated persons only. We will follow all prevailing safe-management guidelines, so as to ensure the safety of all volunteers and Tuckshop Guniangs.
Who is this for?
- Anyone who is interested in sustainable living
- Anyone who is interested in pickling, but might not have experience (if you do, that’s a bonus!)
What to expect?
- You’ll meet us at Practice Tuckshop at 8pm (twice a month on selected tuesday evenings) and we will pickle the rescued produce together
- We’ll clean up and you’ll bring home your yummy goodies by 10pm
What will you get?
- Be part of a sustainable practice
- Dapao some rescued and pickled veggies home (BYO jars, please!)
- Learn and exchange different pickling and fermentation methods
- Chit chat & make new friends!
Please fill in this form if you are interested to be a part of our Pickle Party volunteer community. We would like to add you into our contact list, and also a telegram channel for you to receive sign-up information, exclusive news and updates about Pickle Party and food rescues.